Information collection and use
We collect visitor information via the following means and for the purposes outlined below:
- E-bulletin – our E-bulletins are provided by a third party provider Mailchimp. Your details will be stored for as long as you subscribe to the E-Bulletin and you can opt out at any time.
- Online enquiry/contact forms. Your details will be used for the purposes of recording and responding to your enquiry.
- The museum website is run on a WordPress platform. WordPress collects anonymous data to provide information about how our website is used and to help us improve our service.
The Museum of Somerset website is part of the South West Heritage Trust which has its own website: http://www.swheritage.org.uk
Social Media Code of Conduct
Our social media presence is focused on helping people to find out more about heritage and engage with our cause.
We welcome debate and opinion but reserve the right to remove any content or block users that we determine are offensive to our community.
The views expressed by our fans and followers are their own and may not represent the views of the South West Heritage Trust, its trustees, employees, or affiliates.
To help create a positive experience for everyone we have a few simple rules we ask everyone to follow:
- Do not post threatening, abusive, obscene, indecent, or objectionable content
- Do not violate the intellectual property rights of other people
- Do not be self-promoting of commercial activity
- Protect yourself – do not post personal information about yourself or others
- Stay on topic – keep comments relevant to the original post
When we’re online
We monitor social media platforms between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding UK national holidays. We aim to respond to enquiries as quickly as possible during these hours, but some enquiries can take longer to resolve.